Experience Level: Experienced (non-manager)
Location: London-West, United Kingdom
1 out of 3 patients with MS are affected by Secondary Progressive MS (SPMS), a disease characterised by limiting mobility, cognitive decline and fatigue.
At Novartis we are committed to neuroscience in the UK, and very proud to be able to fight for those affected by neurological conditions. Through the work we do at Novartis, we help patients across generations live longer so they can live life their own extraordinary way.
We are looking for highly energised, passionate people to join the Novartis Neuroscience team to be involved in bringing a product to market. This is a very important role for the Neuroscience franchise and for Novartis UK and you would be joining at a very exciting time
This KAM role offer a unique opportunity for the right candidate to be an integral part of the UK Neuroscience team at Novartis. You will be responsible for driving sales and creating a positive environment across the local health economy, whilst working in close collaboration with business leaders, brand leads and a broad cross-functional team.
This position will cover Northern Ireland nationally, on a part time (3 days/week) basis.
If you like the idea of making an impact, have a background in secondary care/key account management and are looking to support us in bringing a new solution to patients, I look forward to hearing from you.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Executes account plans for assigned product lines/brands, customers or therapeutic area; uncovers and develops new business opportunities.
• Develops and applies understanding of customer organisations and networks, and of diverse influences that affect customer decisions (e.g. peer relationships); Develops business/clinical networks supporting Medical advocacy and key opinion leader plans, including medical experts from customer or academic communities.
• Adapts and optimises approach and communications style during sales calls, responding appropriately to customer needs.
• Makes effective use of available technologies and channels to support sales calls. Ensures that Novartis products and supporting services are broadly understood and available to more patients and customers.
• Deploys and uses Marketing and Sales promotional materials and programs; coordinates direct promotion programs and facilitates pull-through activities.
• Develops deep specialist product and disease state knowledge in a specific therapeutic area and leverages this to build professional customer relationships and support sound clinical discussions.
• Uses detailed knowledge of competitor products' features and benefits during sales calls to improve sales of Novartis products.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Key account management and Healthcare/secondary care experience.
• Commercial acumen and awareness; compliance and regulatory knowledge.
• Proven account planning and/or matrix management experience.
• Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively.
• Extensive knowledge of the NHS - structure, strategy and funding.
• Background in Neurology.
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Strong Work/Life Balance, flexible working, Top UK Employer, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Paid holidays, Comprehensive Medical Insurance, Subsidised Canteen, Employee Recognition Scheme, Sports & Social Club, Learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine.
We announced we will have a new HQ in London; a new state-of-the-art office at The Westworks, in White City. Four business divisions (pharmaceuticals, oncology, Global Drug Development and Novartis Business Services) will be able to come together in one purpose-designed environment. The site will be ready for us by the end of Q4 2019.
For the sixth consecutive year, Novartis been certified a 'Top Employer' in the UK (2014-2019)!
We focus on creating an inclusive organisation and welcome people who have different knowledge, perspectives, experience and working styles from across the global population.
#LI-NOV = Novartis