We are looking for RN - Care Management (Part-Time)
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Care Management (Part-Time) for a 0.6 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of Variable .
Req ID: 178997
Coordinates and facilitates the discharge plan of care and service of selected patient populations across the continuum of illness, promote effective utilization and monitoring of health care resources, and assumes a leadership role with the interdisciplinary team to achieve optimal clinical, financial, and satisfaction of outcomes. Acts as intermediary between hospital and third-party payors to ensure patients receive appropriate medical services, and the organization receives appropriate and optimal reimbursement, in accordance with regulatory standards.
Reviews patient admission data within established timeframes of department, to determine the appropriate level of care in accordance with hospital-sanctioned industry standard criteria and/or other established criteria for other settings across the continuum of care.
Assesses, develops, implements and monitors a comprehensive discharge plan of care through an interdisciplinary team process in conjunction with the patient and family in internal and external settings.
Comprehensively assesses patients' goals as well as their biophysical, psychosocial, environmental and discharge planning needs and financial status.
Identifies key problems, strengths and resources to be addressed in the discharge plan of care, including needed resources post-discharge. Coordinates and facilitates those services.
Ensures accurate documentation for patient's continued hospital stay is established and maintained, coordinates necessary changes with attending physician and other team members as necessary to achieve optimal care and reimbursement.
Communicates proactively and adeptly with members of the interdisciplinary team to ensure hospital and community resources are appropriately and effectively utilized on behalf of patients and their families.
Facilitates interdisciplinary team meetings to improve quality, decrease cost and improve patient satisfaction.
Coordinates documentation and clarifies necessary details with Patient Financial Services to assist in decreasing denials.
Ensures the completion of documentation necessary for utilization assessments and communicates via electronic medical record information needed to justify continued hospitalization. Maintains any applicable care management databases.
Performs concurrent review to determine correct admission status per insurance criteria, including Interqual or other industry standard criteria recognized by Medicare. Monitors and documents variance days, communicates with attending physician and UR Physician Advisor as indicated. Documents outcomes in appropriate locations.
Communicates within designated time frames with third party payers in order to obtain authorizations and resolve payment issues on behalf of patients and families and the organization if applicable.
May assume Palliative Care responsibilities as indicated, including facilitate and coordinate - pain and symptom management, POLST, family meetings, comfort care.
Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS - Required Unless Otherwise Stated
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- BSN or MSN preferred.
- Minimum of three years of clinical nursing experience in an acute care hospital.
- Equivalent skilled nursing facility, outpatient case management, home health or hospice experience may be considered
- Utilization management/quality management experience preferred.
- Third party reimbursement knowledge preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Specialty Certification preferred.
- Interpersonal skills to obtain and interpret information appropriate to patients' needs and age as required for assessment range of treatment, and patient care.
- Skill and proficiency in applying highly technical principles, concepts, and techniques. Such proficiency is usually acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree in nursing; any equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications
- Effective prioritization skills
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 25 lbs. or less.
- Work may require frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system employing approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 1,200 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities in Washington, Oregon, Alaska. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, the legacy of its founding Sisters continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video , and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn ! We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment!
To learn more please visit: jobs.peacehealth.org . Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email Recruitment@peacehealth.org . Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
Location: Bellingham, St. Joseph Medical Center (216)
Job Category: Nursing
Shift Length: Variable
Work Type: Part Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $32.48, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran, qualified individual with a disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.