We are looking for ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST - CARDIAC ADMINISTRATION
Location: Newport Beach
Provides administrative support and other related assistance to the Executive Director, Director, Sr. Manager, Managers, and Supervisors in the Heart & Vascular Institute (HVI). Coordinates and screens flow of information through office, answers and screens telephone calls, relates with all members of the patient care staff, administrative staff, and medical staff. Compiles data, reviews data for discrepancies and trends, suggests solutions, prepares reports and organizes projects. Schedules meetings, preparesagendas, records and transcribes meeting minutes. Able to multitask and balance workload between complex projects and clerical duties. Maintains appointment calendars and call schedules. Projects an image of professionalism in communication, appearance, and conduct. Maintains confidentiality.
- Answers telephone, screens calls, and takes messages for the executive director of the HVI and others as necessary
- Maintains the executive director's calendar ensuring a smooth work flow.
- Composes and types correspondence, memorandums, reports; creates PowerPoint presentations and Excel documents.
- Arranges location, catering, and attends meetings as requested, takes and transcribes minutes in a timely manner.
- Coordinates CV and Endovascular Conferences including all CME appropriate documentation.
- Maintains necessary documentation for all HVI employees in their departmental educational files and electronically as appropriate.
- Prepares and maintains department EKG and ER panel schedule for all participating doctors, updates as necessary and distributes.
- Coordinate with legal department and executive director on HVI physician agreements; coordinates receipt and completion of physician time activity reports and routes for approvals.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely initiation and completion of Human Resources related functions that include hiring, resignation/termination, payroll, disciplinary action documentation.
- Enter call time for Cath Lab employees in timekeeping system.
- Facilitates travel arrangements as requested for department director and other HVI employees.
- Process purchase orders, check requests, and employee expense reports for payment.
- Assists with ordering and distribution of office supplies.
- Coordinate with Foundation liaison for various HVI donor tours, events, and presentations
- Coordinate with Corporate Communications liaison on various HVI marketing initiatives.
- Effectively interacts with Hospital Administrative and Management Staff, other hospital personnel, Medical Staff and the general public.
- Channels customers' suggestions, criticisms, and questions to the appropriate resource or person, assuring appropriate follow-up.
- During light workload situations, seeks out additional tasks/duties for the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
Required : High School diploma and equivalent training. Five (5) years administrative experience in an office setting, preferably in healthcare or medical-related field.
Preferred : Bachelor's degree.
Skills or Other Qualifications
Required : Intermediate Microsoft Office skills. Able to work with spreadsheets and database systems. Strong shorthand and interpersonal skills. Demonstrates effective communication, interpersonal skills, organizational ability, and knowledge of proper body mechanics. Exceptional organizational skills and able to set assignment priorities, work independently within established guidelines, and maintain confidentiality. Ability to problem-solve and work independently while meeting deadlines.
Preferred : Knowledge of medical terminology.
Contact for any query