Location: New York, NY, USA
**Job Title:** Administrative Specialist, Student Affairs
**Job ID:** 21587
**Location:** CUNY School of Medicine
**Full/Part Time:** Full-Time
The CUNY School of Medicine (CSOM) at The City College of New York (CCNY) located in the heart of Harlem, is the only medical school in the City University of New York system. Building upon more than 40 years of the success as the Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education, we offer a BS/MD degree and a Physician Assistant Master's Degree. True to its legacy of access, opportunity and community transformation, the newly-accredited CSOM's mission remains to recruit highly talented students as diverse as the city itself. CSOM places a special emphasis on recruitment of those who are underrepresented in the field of medicine, and on training high quality, culturally competent clinicians equipped meet the healthcare needs of New York's medically under-served communities. As a major priority, CSOM seeks to enhance the recruitment and retention of senior leadership, faculty and staff to more closely reflect the diversity of our student body.
The Administrative Specialist for the Office of Student Affairs (OSA) at the CUNY School of Medicine will assist in the coordination, planning, and management of initiatives and activities that support the undergraduate and graduate students at each stage of the seven-year BS/MD program. The position will have significant responsibility for the development and management of databases, collection and analysis of data and preparation of reports, and establishment of systems and processes to ensure efficient administrative functioning of the OSA.
Reporting to the Senior Medical Student Advisor (Clinical Professor), including the CUNY Title Overview, duties of the Administrative Specialist include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of various databases; administration of surveys and generation of reports;
- Prepare various OSA reports for LCME accreditation and internal quality improvement compliance;
- Maintain the OSA's pages on CUNY SOM website;
- Act as liaison with other departments within the CUNY School of Medicine, City College, and with key outside organizations, e.g. AAMC, NBME;
- Assist in the use of various external application systems including: VSLO, ERAS, NRMP;
- Organize and maintain materials/resources, master files and master calendar;
- Monitor timely submission of all student materials and maintain master files; and
- Provide administrative support for various projects and initiatives; schedule and coordinate meetings/events.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.
- Previous experience in an academic medical setting highly desirable;
- Information management experience;
- Proficiency in REDCap and LCMS plus highly preferred;
- Proficiency in MS-Office including Excel, Powerpoint and Word;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Self-directed and able to work independently; and
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
**CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW**
Provides administrative and program support to an administrative or academic department.
- Oversees department operations and assists management in planning department activities, creating schedules, assigning staff and preparing and delivering department communications.
- Works with appropriate offices related to personnel recruitment, expediting search activities
- Research coordinates and organizes materials for key events such as promotion and tenure reviews.
- Supervises and trains support staff and student workers.
- Manages budget and coordinates purchasing, accounting, and payroll.
- Provides instructions and basic advice to students, faculty, and others seeking information on department activities, policies, and schedules.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
**COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS**
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
**HOW TO APPLY**
Click the link "employment"
Click the link "browse job openings"
Search for this vacancy using the Job ID 21587
Select "Apply Now"
Log in or create a new user account
Apply for the position
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
Open until filled, with resume review to begin on January, 20, 2020.
**JOB SEARCH CATEGORY**
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
**EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY**
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.