Location: Richland, Washington
Job Title: Document Control Specialist, WTP (Req# TBD)
· Requisition ID: TBD
· Position Title: Document Control Specialist, WTP (Req#)
· Project: WTP
· Location: Richland, WA
· Grade: 21
· Relocation Authorized: None
· Work Authorization: Possess right to work in the US without sponsorship
Bechtel is designing, constructing, and commissioning the world's largest radioactive-waste treatment plant for the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) in southeastern Washington State. The project will use vitrification technology to process and stabilize 56 million gallons (212 million liters) of radioactive and chemical waste stored at the Hanford Site which is a byproduct of plutonium production during World War II and the Cold War era.
The cleanup project is one of DOE's most technically challenging and the largest undertaking of its kind-equivalent to building two nuclear power plants. The construction site spans 65 acres (26 hectares) and includes facilities for pretreatment, low-activity waste vitrification, high-level waste vitrification, and the analytical laboratory - as well as operations and maintenance buildings, utilities, and other support facilities.
Positions located at the Construction Site (22 miles north of Richland) work a 4 x 10 schedule, M-Th, 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Other work locations may work a 9-80's schedule, M-F 7:00 am to 4:30 pm with alternating Fridays off. Extended hours as needed.
Performs a variety of clerical duties for data entry of document information into an electronic document management system. Adjusts priorities according to direction. Responsibilities entail use of judgment and initiative within guidelines of well-defined scope; independently follows procedures; works under general supervision. May have access to confidential data. Contributes and adheres to company and department policies and objectives. Strives to maintain Bechtel's "Zero Accident" philosophy through personal safe behavior/work practices and by being aware of surroundings and activities that may be potential safety hazards and takes steps to correct or minimize the hazards.
Principal responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
· Process numerous documents, maintaining data integrity through a variety of procedural steps in accordance with well-defined procedures and guidelines.
· Adjust priorities according to direction.
· Perform data entry into an electronic document management system (EDMS).
· Produce reports using standard office automation tools such as MS Excel and Word.
· Assign document numbers and enter related pertinent information into the EDMS as required.
· Maintain filing system and record copies of project documents as directed by supervisor.
· Interface on a routine basis with a variety of project personnel providing support/responding to questions.
· Perform other administrative activities/assignments as directed by supervisor.
· Operate standard office equipment, including automation tools.
· Perform data entry to produce and maintain logs, transmittals, and track documentation as required.
· Assemble, copy, and distribute documentation packages; prepare and process records for scanning and/or archiving.
· Scan documents.
· Maintain proper document configuration management in support of engineering and construction.
· Perform quality control of scanned images and data entry.
· Provide general and technical support to project personnel in the use of InfoWorks and other software used by Document Control.
· Ability to work overtime and/or hours outside of the normal work periods.
· Must be able to clear a drug screen and background check.
· Possess the legal right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship
· Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and 5 years of related document control or clerical experience.
· Must be able to demonstrate basic to intermediate proficiency in data entry. Skills tests (Data Entry and Inventory Database) will be administered to test proficiency.
· Good working knowledge of computer applications.
· Ability to type accurately; ability to format properly.
· Must have great attention to detail.
· Ability to follow written direction.
· Good organizational skills.
· Willing to perform repetitive data entry.
· Experience in document control work processes.
· Demonstrated abilities in utilizing databases to perform data entry.
· Familiarity with scanning process and equipment.
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· Effective interpersonal skills (ability to relate at all levels of the organization) with a positive, customer service-oriented attitude.
· Experience with EDMS with strong configuration management functionality.
· Knowledge of electronic file transfer.
· Knowledge in extracting reports and performing queries.
· Must be willing to learn new processes, procedures, and software.
· Must possess a high degree of individual initiative, flexibility, diplomacy, and accuracy.
· Must demonstrate a positive attitude and work effectively with a variety of team members.
· Ability to perform multiple tasks and easily adjust to shifting priorities.
· Previous document control experience in an Engineering and Construction work environment.
· Basic to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
Shaping tomorrow together!
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.