Minimum Required Knowledge & Experience:
Bachelor Degree in civil engineering, some college courseworil completed. an Associate Degree or equivalent higher
education degree in water supply. sanitation. construction. engineering or any related technical field
Additional vocational training 1n water supply. sanitation. construction. engmeering or any related technical field
• 4-6 years of experience in water supply, sanitation. construction, engineering or similar technical pos1t1on
• Advanced conversational in English and Arabic
• Expert level in computer skills (including MSOffice and some CAD drawing and design software).
• Skilled m the following competencies Adapting & Learning: Team Work. Planning. Organization & Assessment.
Analysis & Synthesis: Responsibility & Autonomy
• Familiarity with the standard norms and rules in construction. local techniques and requirements for construction
• Dnv1ng license. succeeded 1n ICRC drrv1ng test
• Experience in assessing. surveying. calculating and preparing estimates and technical drawings of buildings
• Assesses needs according to WatHab criteria by collecting all relevant information regarding the humanitarian situation
in the field
• Analyses the collected information. draws appropnate conclusions. makes recommendations and presents the results.
bOth orally and in written
• Collects information on other organisations' programs 1n the area to 1dent1fy gaps and prevent duplication
• Proposes and designs WatHab pro1ects to meet the assessed needs according to ob1ectives.
• Carnes out costing of projects and prepares BoQs
• Contributes to the planning and organisation of activities together with the WatHab delegate
• Ensures works are 1mplemented correctly, on time. and within budget
• Monitors and evaluates the program regularly, Proposes corrective steps when necessary
• Deals with special cases. Proposes solutions.
• Ensures that objectives are respected under the supervision of the WatHab delegate (or immediate supervisor).
• Reports on problems without delay to the direct supervisor
• Reports regularly on programme implementation, both orally and in wntten
• Regularly updates WPA proiects to keep information up to date. Provides statistics or other reports when required
• Contributes to institutional reporting (QTR. WOR. etc.).
• Provides secretanal and administrative support to his/her department in the follow up of the program/pro1ects
• Develops and maintains a network of relevant contacts to further the WatHab programme
• Engages authorities and beneficiaries to promote participation and ownership of WatHab projects.
• Supports the WatHab delegate with attendance at cluster meetings. ensuring respect for ICRC's observer S\atus.
• Submits the monthly Time Reporting
• Contributes to the monthly financial forecast together with the WatHab delegate in charge.
• Ensures necessary paperwork (MoU. contracts. certificates. etc) relevant to the WatHab program is established.
follows up with administration. and ensures documents are properly filed
• Ensures payments of daily workers. suppliers and contraciors according to procedure Settles working advances
according to procedure.
• Makes orders through WPA according to procedure. Maintains a list of suppliers and contractors up to date.
• Contributes to the tender process as required. Provides technical support to Logistics for purchases.
• Organises material deliveries and ensures checking of the material quality and conformity of paperwork
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively
humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also
endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening international Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles