We are looking for Programme Specialist
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: adolescent development, human rights, education, international development, anthropology, psychology, sociology, or another relevant technical field.
- Eight years of solid relevant work experience at the national and international levels in programme planning, management, monitoring and evaluation in a related field, with emphasis on working for and with young people, programme guidance, technical support, networking and partnerships.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills.
- Direct work experience with youth organisations and young people is an asset
- Strong IT skills and fluency with Microsoft Office Suites, SharePoint, and other programmes is highly desired.
- Develop modalities for strengthening meaningful and representative youth engagement through training, networking, excahnges, and building stronger linkages between young people's participation in GenU governance mechanisms and other youth leaders
- Refine the role of global GenU Youth Ambassadors and expand the group to respond to different regional contexts, be able to advise on specific issues covered by the GenU partnerships and ensure better linkages to other youth governance/advisory bodies.
- Oversee the recruitment of additional young Champions and Leaders
- GenU Workstreams
- Oversee the co-creation, co-implementation and co-evaluation of specific youth engagement platforms and initiatives (including regional and multi-countryh ones) on GenU thematic priorities
United Nations Children's Fund
The United Nations Children's Fund is a United Nations programme headquartered in New York City that provides humanitarian and developmental assistance to children and mothers in developing countries
View Contact Details
Download job advert
Contact for any query