•A Master's Degree in public health or related field.
• At least 10 years of experience managing and implementing complex public health programs
of similar scope and size in a development context, with at least five of those years in SubSaharan
Africa, preferably in Kenya.
·At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in project design of HIV technical activities and
managing and supervising teams.
• At 1east 3 years demonstrated, recent experience within the capacity as senior staff in some
aspect of HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment; and/or quality improvement/quality
assurance; health systems strengthening; M&E; and operations research.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private
sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at
the sub-national level. • Professional level of oral and written fluency in English required
Oversee implementation of programmatic activities in close coordination with the Chief of
• Establish and maintain close working relationships, partnerships, and coordination with the
Government of Kenya, Ministry of Health, USAID partners, and other key stakeholders.
• Takes a leadership role in ensuring technical implementation of high-impact, proven
interventions, and ens\jres that the project achieves stated goafs and meets reporting
• Troubleshoot to prevent and resolve potential problems and review outputs for quality control;
ensure quality of all project activities, products, and deliverables.
• Provide support to COP in ensuring compliance with the policy and legislative requirements of
USAID as stipulated.
• Directly supervise the project's Technical Leads and manage the performance of the project's
We apply our energy and creativity to helping our customers—governments, businesses, and private organizations—make better decisions and deliver better products and services by providing them with the highest quality research, technical assistance, and consulting services available in the marketplace.
We strive to exceed our client's expectations for the integrity of our methods and findings, the objectivity of our thinking, and the practical utility of our results.
We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse staff with the highest quality technical, management, and entrepreneurial talents. We aspire to provide our staff with a quality of work life characterized by mutual respect and a continuous learning environment that fosters creativity and high performance.
- See more at: http://www.abtassociates.com/About-Us/Our-Mission-and-Values.aspx#sthash.ItbdgojC.dpuf