Location: San Diego , CA, United States
The Scripps Research Institute Employment Opportunities | Administrative Assistant III Support
Administrative Assistant III Support
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. To email this position to a friend, click on the Email to a Friend link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
Requisition Number 07477 Department Name: G&A - San George Position Type: Full Time Position Title Administrative Assistant III Support Position Summary:
The Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for reception services, coordinating travel and meeting schedules, managing general office and break room supplies, and general office support for the translational medicine division.
• Answer, assist and direct all incoming telephone calls to appropriate parties in a professional and courteous manner.
• Greet and receive visitors and delivery couriers
• Collect, open, stamp and distribute mail daily.
• Maintain receipts log for payments received by check.
• Mail AP checks, file vendor invoices.
• Reserve and ensure conference rooms are organized and tidy. Act as main point of contact for conference and meeting rooms.
• Provide administrative support such as coordinating meetings, conferences, and teleconferences; make travel arrangements; process expense reports for a range of professionals.
• Order office supplies and breakroom supplies and act as main point of contact for related suppliers.
• Initiate purchase requisitions on behalf of others such as Information Technology.
• Coordinate travel and interview schedules for local and non-local recruiting candidates
• Assist Human Resources with new hire tasks including: ordering business cards; assembling new hire folders; taking photos and maintaining staff directory; collection of new hire documentation
• Perform ad hoc administrative and organizational duties as needed for executives and staff
• Maintain sensitive and confidential information with the utmost discretion and integrity
Location: San Diego, California Additional Information: Physical Requirements:
With or without reasonable accommodation, employees in this position must be able to sit and type at a computer terminal for up to 8 hours per day with appropriate breaks and perform tasks that require fine dexterity and repetitive motions using the arms, hands, wrists and fingers. Further details of established essential functions for this position will be addressed/discussed during the interview process.
• High school diploma or equivalent ( GED )
• Bachelor’s degree highly desired
• Two to five years related experience in a professional setting
• Ability to multi-task in a role that typically experiences frequent interruptions.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective organization, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Compensation: Job Closing Date: Open Until Filled Yes Job Posting Category Administrative & Support EEO Statement
The Scripps Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.
Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).