We are looking for Administrative Officer
OBESSU is looking for an Administrative Officer, who will take care of the daily administration of OBESSU and the European Changemakers Academy project, under the supervision of the OBESSU Secretary General, in direct cooperation with designated Board Members and in cooperation with other members of the OBESSU Secretariat.
The Administrative Officer will be responsible for:
Finance Administration (70%)
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of the European ChangeMakers Academy project from the side of OBESSU and the project partners;
- Provide support to project partners on financial and administrative matters in cooperation with the OBESSU Secretary General;
- Draft administrative guidelines in lign with the guidelines from the European Commission and EACEA (European Youth Together - Erasmus+ programme);
- Ensure timely and accurate bookkeeping;
- Be in charge of following up on invoices and their reconciliation;
- Process and prepare draft financial data on the European Changemakers Academy (ECMA) project for the External Financial Manager to analyse.
Logistics and event support (30%)
- Support logistic organization and administration of ECMA events;
- Attend partnership management events (requires travelling);
- Support the Project and Policy officer in the daily implementation of the project.
Profile of applicants for Administrative Officer at OBESSU:
- Finished secondary education or vocational training. (Preferably accounting or management).
- Higher education in a relevant field (i.e. Accounting, Finance, International Management, Business Administration…) is an asset.
- English: fluent, very good comprehension, excellent writing and oral communication;
- Experience of working within English speaking organisations.
- Knowledge of French or Dutch is considered a strong asset;
- Active or passive knowledge of any other language considered an asset.
- Experience of project management;
- Experience of managing administrative work, including budgetary aspects of a complex project;
- Experience working with accounting software (WinBooks).
- Experience of working at international level;
- Experience in administrative or logistical positions.
- Project accounting;
- Financial issues in EU Projects.
- Understanding of the educational NGO field issues in schools.
Skills and attitudes
- Works proficiently with Office software, especially Excel;
- Works with online project management tools;
- Is a quick learner;
- Works well independently, but is also a team player;
- Able to take initiative and find creative solutions;
- Able to work on several different tasks at the same time and prioritize;
- Communicates clearly; and
- Able to communicate information accurately and in a youth-friendly way;
- Handles complicated situations and stress;
- Has a strong desire to work in an intercultural team.
- Diverse IT skills;
- Has an accounting certification;
- Is open to travelling and adapting to different work environments;
- Is open to be mentored by our External Financial Manager.
Contact for any query