Location: Washington, DC, USA
Primary Purpose of Position:
Provide administrative support to the Leasing department.
• Standard administrative support functions:
• Compose, edit and type letters, memorandums, faxes and transmittals
• Compile, organize, and accurately finalize documents for signature or other distribution
• Organize and maintain files and letter books
• Organize and maintain individual electronic contacts
• Screen, handle, forward and place telephone calls for staff
• Schedule appointments and maintain calendars
• Schedule conference rooms for meetings, arrange for meals or beverages as requested
• Arrange staff travel including air, hotel, car rental and meeting attendance, if required
• Organize and submit expense reports and time sheets
• Sort, open, deliver or process incoming mail, packages or internal correspondence
• Arrange for courier or overnight services
• Operate office equipment such as facsimile machines, photocopiers, telephones with voice mail capabilities, blue-print copier, color copier
• Submit requests for supplies
• Prepare presentations and proposals for government agencies or companies interested in custom build to suit, long term leasing of buildings, or leasing current space in the areas of Washington, Maryland or Virginia; obtain documents, site plans, maps and other items to be included in proposals.
• Design and prepare presentation covers for proposals or other documents.
• Maintain industry/broker contact list.
• Maintain electronic distribution lists for broker communications
• Special projects or assignments as requested by departmental staff.
• Provide relief to the Receptionist as part of the Administrative team.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Office Manager.
• Create flyers, labels, newsletters, ads, proposal covers, and brochures.
• Plan and coordinate events such as closing dinners and off-site meetings; arrange meeting functions as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent educational certification required. Associates or Bachelors Degree preferred.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of prior progressively responsible administrative support experience required. Real estate experience preferred.
• Ability to produce quality work in a consistent manner.
• Ability to produce the quantity of work necessary to timely complete assigned tasks.
• Ability to interact with co-workers, contractors, tenants or vendors in an articulate, pleasant, courteous and professional manner at all times.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
• Adaptability to changing demands to include managing multiple priorities and project coordination.
• Attention to detail.
• Effective problem solving skills.
• Flexibility to work beyond the regular work schedule.
• Strong communication, organization and multi-task management skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with CoStar and graphics applications a plus.
• Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting such as operation of a computer and telephone.
• Involves work of a general office nature usually performed standing such as operation of a fax, printer and copier machine.
• Involves movement between departments to facilitate work.
Internal and External Contacts:
• Internal contacts with all departments in Washington regional office and various departments in Corporate office.
• External contacts with contractors and vendors.
• Immediate supervisor - Office Manager who provides guidance and monitors performance on a periodic basis.
• This position receives work assignments from a variety of staff in the Leasing department.