Location: Arlington Heights, IL, USA
*Shift: Part time, Nights, Every other weekend *
Reporting to the Executive Director of Acute Nursing Services, represents hospital administration in all interactions and consultations. Communicates and collaborates with members of the Leadership Team on procedural issues; networks with Operations Team to resolve various facility issues. Collaborates with Team Members, Facilitators, and Clinical Unit Leaders to ensure appropriate delivery of services housewide and maintains efficiency of the Float Pool Team. Supports and interprets the vision, mission, policies, and procedures of NCH in all interactions. This job description was developed in accordance with the Illinois Nurse Practice Act and the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice.
1. Assumes responsibility for and supports all interdepartmental functions in the absence of respective department head and considers overall safety and security of the facility in all actions.
2. Consults and communicates with Administrator on call and/or administrator responsible for specific services as appropriate and collaborates with leadership team and Risk Management to bring appropriate counsel regarding legal issues.
3. Responsible for 24 hour staffing projection and implementation, in collaboration with Team Members, Facilitators, Scheduling, and appropriate members of the Operations Team. Documents personnel utilization data necessary for the completion of the Nursing Department Budgetary Reports.
4. Supports and/or coordinates patient placement activities, depending on time of day and census volume.
5. Identifies and makes recommendations for changes and quality improvements in procedures, policies, supplies, and physical environment.
6. Provides performance management of Float Pool Team. Members.
7. May perform role of Clinical Nurse Consultant, based on individual competency, as needed.
8. Utilizes the nursing process in the delivery of patient care including assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient outcomes. Revises plan of care as indicated.
9. Supports Corporate Strategic Nursing Council and the patient care delivery model; encourages decision making and problem solving at the unit level.
10. Maintains a current knowledge of all Hospital emergency Code Strategies. Assumes direct responsibility for implementation of codes in emergency situations in collaboration with other designated staff members.
11. Facilitates compliance with various regulatory agencies with regard to death and dying.
12. Adheres to all Northwest Community Hospital standards, policies, and procedures.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with current registration in the State of Illinois, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
2. Current CPR certification.
3. ACLS certification or obtained within first 6 months of hire.
4. Progressive nursing experience including critical care nursing preferred.
5. The interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with hospital staff, medical staff, patients/families, and visitors.
6. The leadership skills necessary to make independent, timely, and sound decisions in difficult situations.
7. The ability to cope with stressful situations and maintain composure.
8. The ability to maintain confidentiality.
9. The organizational skills necessary to prioritize work and manage multiple interruptions.
**Job:** **Nursing/Patient Care*
**Title:** *Administrative Supervisor*
**Location:** *Illinois-Arlington Heights*
**Requisition ID:** *200577*