*Bachelor’s Degree in Education or relevant subject.
* Professional technical experience, including 3 years implementing education programs in South Sudan.
* Demonstrated experience in capacity building, project design and budget management
* Strong understanding of South Sudan operational context
* Experience in working with and coordinating with the GOSS and other stakeholders
* Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
* Excellent analytical and written skills, and good computer skills
* Fluency in English and Arabic, with strong English writing skills.
* Additional qualities: ability to multitask,
ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility,
adaptability to transition.
*This position is open to South Sudanese Nationals only.
* The incumbent of this position will not be a relocatable staff
• Design theory of change and write proposals for new funding opportunities (locate areas of education needs,
effect assessments on specific areas, map donors that fund given projects, work with RAM to effect proposal).
• Support PDQA Director and SLT in donor engagement related to position World Vision with donors to win
proposals. Network with other agencies to position WV for consortiums. Maintain strong relationships with
national level line ministries and other local authorities and stakeholders, facilitating regular communication on
program implementation, progress and challenges (a.o. finalize the MoU with MoE)
• Represent World Vision in the humanitarian Education cluster system through active participation in regularly
scheduled meetings and by doing so, model participation at the zonal level; actively participate in PEG and
NEC meetings. Communicate news and resulting action points from the humanitarian clusters system to all
technical staff. Ensure cluster pipeline reports and 5Ws are submitted to the cluster on time on a monthly basis
• Provide technical support during project implementation to ensure the projects meets or supersedes
established standards. Possibly contextualize international technical models to the context of South Sudan
(such as Literacy Boost). Finalize the last version of the Education Technical Approach for WV South Sudan.
Equip staff to adhere to technical approaches with tools such as standard operating procedures, ToRs, forms
and training manuals.
• Support Quality Assurance Team in developing indicators, targets, measurement frameworks and monitoring
plans; provide technical input for ToRs for countrylevel
and project assessments and evaluations. Review draft
assessment and evaluation reports to ensure technical quality. If needed participate in (Interagency Rapid
Needs) Assessments. Review donor reports to ensure technical quality
• Maintain adequate supply of Education materials. Coordinate with UNICEF and Supply Chain and to ensure
that education supplies are procured/delivered in a timely manner. Coordinate with GIK for acquisition of
education supplies by identifying and compiling needs, support preparation of distribution plans and
preparation of post distribution reports.
• Whenever necessary, provide surge capacity to field teams with direct implementation of critical projects.
World Vision has been working in South Sudan since 1989 and was one of the few aid agencies that provided emergency assistance during war to the displaced populations in what was then the Southern Sudan region of Sudan. After the country became independent in 2011, World Vision began recovery and development activities.