We are looking for Clinical Officer Nutrition Grade: 5.L
Applications shall not be considered from candidates who do not possess ALL the Essential Qualifications
• Diploma in Clinical medicine or relevant discipline with further trainings in public health or Health care
management. Experience working in Nutrition will be an added advantage.
• Experience in training, managing and motivating staffs/ volunteers.
• Fluent in English (written and spoken) and excellent in MS applications, Power point, Excel and word. Ability
to speak local language will be an added advantage
1. Provide consultations to patients attending the Stabilization centre including examination, diagnosis and
prescription of medications.
2. Supervise, monitor and provide technical support for the activities of other technical health and nutrition
staffs, support staffs and community nutrition volunteers.
3. Ensure that standard treatment and feeding protocols are adhered and that strict admission and discharge
criteria are followed.
4. Oversee outreach activities to areas within the operation catchments
5. Organise and initiate health and nutrition education in schools and communities around Yei, including
6. Respond programmatically to special healthcare interventions for emergencies and disease outbreaks as
measles and cholera, malaria, TB within the catchments areas
7. Collect, register and maintain nutrition information systems (NIS) on activities from records and reports,
select and enter data from various departments and institutionalize necessary measures for the medical
8. Maintain excellent relations and communications with ACROSS staff, partners and patients as well as the
9. To be accountable, give feedback and appropriate information regarding the requested or ongoing tasks to
the person or department, for the duties and performances he/she is carrying out for them.
10. Reports to the Health Team Leader Across Yei/Nutrition Officer
11. May be required to carry out specific administrative operations and other related duties by management
UNICEF is a leading humanitarian and development agency working globally for the rights of every child. Child rights begin with safe shelter, nutrition, protection from disaster and conflict and traverse the life cycle: pre-natal care for healthy births, clean water and sanitation, health care and education.