• 3+ years' experience in SGBV response work in South Sudan
• Undergraduate Degree Qualification
• Excellent standard of written and verbal English
• Good standard of written and verbal classical Arabic
• Experience developing and delivering participatory trainings
• Specific knowledge of South Sudanese law related to SGBV
• Demonstrable understanding of SGBV causes and consequences
• Demonstrable understanding of standard SGBV referral pathway and role of different actors
• Demonstrable knowledge of survivor centred approach to working with survivors
• Demonstrable knowledge of psychosocial support
• Solid ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint independently
• Willingness to live and work in basic conditions
• Assess the level of knowledge on relevant topics to feed into training development.
• Develop high level; quality training packages based on global best practice, local cultural context and
the SGBV response and prevention activities ongoing in Maban.
• Develop user friendly training handouts, supplementary training materials and exercises.
Execution of Training
• Organise all logistical and practical matters related to execution of training.
• Plan trainings with partner agencies in a timely manner, ensuring coordination with Camp
Management team and respecting other ongoing community engagements.
• Ensure trainings are participatory and a wide range tools and exercises are used.
• Provide participants with feedback opportunities and incorporate into training design.
• Work with ACTED SGBV response and prevention team to ensure support to trainings can be
accommodated (e.g. translation, technical input).
Terms of Reference - SGBV Trainer February 2017< •
• Work closely with Program Manager and ACTED SGBV team on training development.
• Work with respective ACTED department heads to develop SGBV prevention and risk mitigation
• Liaise with SGBV partners in Maban, National GBV Sub Cluster and GBV Upper Nile Working Group to
ensure timely developments in areas of work are incorporated into training packages.
• Liaise with partner agency representatives to ensure training is relevant and reaches appropriate
Since 1993, as the second French NGO, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.