We are looking for Quality Improvement Officer- SMC
• A Bachelor’s Degree in medicine, a Master’s Degree in public health will be an added advantage.
• At least three years’ work experience gained through serving within a government institution or NGO with proven ability to coordinate activities of different stakeholders at district and or sub national level.
• Possession of a valid registration certificate from the Uganda Medical & Dental practitioners Council.
• Excellent communication or interpersonal skills is a must.
• Experience in handling Quality improvement approaches and providing clinical training to service providers and stake holders.
• Plan and coordinate the implementation of activities to enhance the collaborative quality improvement approach for SMC
• Efficiently organize and carry out learning session and coaching visits to facilities and other relevant teams to improve their ability to work as a team to identify and solve problems
• Ensure site and district teams conduct monthly SMC data collection, analysis, use and reporting
• Maintain an up to date data base both qualitative and quantitative detailing improvement work in the supported sites.
• Contribute to developing and updating materials for SMC quality improvement trainings, learning sessions and coaching visits
• Prepare project reports regularly as required
Ensure cross cutting themes like gender, health
workforce development and leadership are well integrated into the SMC work
• In collaboration with the knowledge management officer, ensure that best practices are documented.
• Implement the SMC spread plan to ensure learning from demonstration collaborative become the standard of care at all SMC sites.
• Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
URC has always been dedicated to a rigorous, evidence-based approach to addressing social challenges. Our company and our non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services, have historically been at the forefront of public and private sector efforts to introduce change and innovative approaches based on evidence and operations research to assure results that can be rapidly brought to full scale.