1. Conduct Hazard and Vulnerability Analysis and Threat and Risk Analysis every year, and develop action plan to mitigate
potential safety hazards, security risks and threats to personnel and AKU properties in a timely and cost effective
. 2. Carry out Safety and Security Gap Analysis of AKU campuses in Dar Es Salam. Tanzania and prepared survey reports with
recommendations for bridging the gap.
3. Maintain of the safety management policies and procedures to ensure compliance with OSHA & Rre Rescue Force
standards and applicable laws& regulations.
4. Liaise with Chief Security Officer. Global Office and Manager General Administration, Tanzania in devising new security
plans. policies. procedures and work instruction for implementing high level security performance control.
5. Develop annual safety and security goals and objectives, prepare strategies to accomplish goals and monitor the
progress on quarterly basis.
6. Record, investigate and evaluate incidents and prepare quarterly incident analysis report.
7. Develop and implement effective information management system comprising collection, processing and
8. Conduct regular safety and security awareness sessions for employees and students.
9. Contribute in the Annual Budget Planning exercise by identifying operating and capital budget requirements.
10. Conduct half yearly and annual emergency preparedness mock drills and quarterly fire and evacuation drills.
11, Responsible for efficient and effective operational on all security systems and promote & control all employees,
sub-contractors, vendors. guest and visitors to comply and follow up Security rules and regulations.
12. Supervise all security logging sheet such as gate poss, outside service request. materials and asset poss request. Visitors
register. Security Occurrence Book. Lost & Found Property Register etc.
13. Operate and maintain all security Equipment and security systems to be in good operational and functional condition
14. Liaise with external agencies e.g. armed forces. Police, Intelligence and Civil Administration for Law & Order information
and outside assistance.
15. Conduct security briefings for the foreign nationals on local security environment. laws and regulations and social and
16. Ensure a 24/7 emergency response to all security related incidents throughout the campus.
17. Any other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor(s)
The Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, not-for-profit, international University first established in 1983,
with 13 teaching sites in 8 countries. It is a non-denominational institution· open to all, irrespective of
religion, ethnicity, gender or national origin. Since 2001. AKU has offered academic programmes in
nursing. medicine and education in East Africa.