We are looking for Berger Paints Nigeria Plc Latest Job Vacancies [3 Positions]
Berger Paints Nigeria PLC is the Nigeria leading paint brand with over fifty years of quality product and seamless delivery of services. Over the years, we have been able to carve out the niche has been the market leader in the paints and coating industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Credit Control Officer
Department: Corporate Strategy & Risk
Reports to: Credit Control Manager
Function of the Position
- The primary function of a Credit Control Officer is coordinating the debts of existing creditors and deciding whether to allow credit to a debtor – ultimately managing all money borrowed or owed to your business.
- It is also the responsibility of a Credit Control Officer to manage debt recovery, which if a client has paid late or missed payments could involve stopping the supply of goods and services or undertaking legal action, at worst dealing with bankrupt businesses to negotiate recovery of funds. It is vital that a Credit Controller builds and maintains close links with all customers, to ensure smooth running of accounts and encourage timely recovery of payments.
Duties & Responsibilities
A Credit Control Officer will be expected to perform any of the following tasks:
- Checking customer’s credit ratings with banks.
- Setting up the terms and conditions of a loan.
- Timely and effective collection of all debts and customers payments.
- Negotiating re-payment plans.
- Maintaining contact with clients to ensure invoices are clear for payment.
- Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices.
- Posting and allocating daily receipts to accounting systems.
- Providing accounts information to internal departments.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Social Science.
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
- Ability to reconcile complex accounts and have excellent attention to detail
- Competence in Microsoft Office products and accounting software Programmes
- Prior experience with systems including invoice discounting
- Calm, confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations
Job Title: Market Intelligence & Research Analyst
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Function of the Position
- The Analyst role is a full-time professional position that works with management to support strategic planning activities by providing actionable recommendations based on assessments of markets and competitors, both existing and potential.
- Identify and collect appropriate customer, competitor, market, economic, financial and/or operational data.
- Perform financial, statistical, and qualitative data analysis of markets and competitors.
- Translate data into executable and effective market and intelligence reports.
- Evaluation of sales data; interpretation and recommendation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Profiles Berger Paints development market and competitive environment, providing insights that support strategic decision-making by the management.
- Creates and updates comprehensive industry, competitor and customer models including, but not limited to, market share, growth projections and trends, and market forces.
- Performs thorough, systematic analysis of key industry trends; the general social economic and political environment; legal and regulatory issues; customers; current and potential competitors.
- Supplies the market and competitive intelligence component of strategic planning, and proactively makes recommendations to management concerning key intelligence items that require further consideration.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of data sources, evaluating their credibility and potential utility, and leverages them across the company where appropriate.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key internal customers to identify emerging needs and business challenges.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of designated markets and trends through reading reports, market research, data manipulation and financial modelling and analysis.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor’s degree; or 3 years of relevant professional experience and a master’s degree.
- Experience in paints and coating sector/industry or related industry will be an added advantage.
- Strong customer focus and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadline constraints.
- Understanding of analysis/reports and business decisions making concepts.
- Demonstrated strength in problem solving and analytics and capable of driving insight to action.
- Ability to articulate with strong presentation skills and to contribute to executive-level discourse; excellent written communication abilities.
- Able to operate within a team environment.
- High level of competence with Microsoft Office suite (in particular, advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills) is essential.
Job Title: Database Administrator (DBA)
Reports to: ICT Manager
- The responsibility of a database administrator (DBA) will be the performance, integrity and security of a database. The role will be involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as in troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
As a database administrator, you’ll need to:
- Establish the needs of users and monitoring user access and security.
- Monitor performance and manage parameters in order to provide fast responses to front-end users.
- Consider both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users.
- Refine the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model.
- Further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements.
- Install and test new versions of the database management system (DBMS).
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act.
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata).
- Control access permissions and privileges.
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans.
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly and carry out capacity planning
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Commission and install new applications and customize existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
- Manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database.
- System Maintenance and support
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineer.
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills.
- Microsoft SQL 2016
- Microsoft Navigation
- Communication, teamwork and negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with the main data manipulation languages and the principles of database design.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure, flexibility and adaptability.
- Good organizational skills.
- The ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and customers
- Business awareness and understanding of business requirements of IT
- Willingness to keep up to date with developments in new technology
- Network and security management background.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 14th September, 2018.
Contact for any query