We are looking for Calibration Analyst
Location: San Diego , CA, United States
Careers | Quidel @import url("css/style.css");
Calibration Analyst Category: Engineering Description:
Quidel Corporation is a leading manufacturer of diagnostic healthcare solutions serving to enhance the health and wellbeing of people around the globe with well-known and respected products that provide healthcare professionals with accurate and cost-effective diagnostic information at the point of care (POC). Our core competencies and capabilities focus on immunoassay and molecular testing in the areas of: infectious disease, cardiology, women’s health, and virology.
Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for routine calibration and other metrology activities in support of company production and quality objectives.
- Performs standard calibrations, diagnostics, and maintenance of inspection, measuring and test equipment
- Responsible for completion of tasks with appropriate documentation according to standard operating procedures, standard work instructions, applicable standards, guidelines, practices, and policies
- Supports the development of methods for calibration of various instruments using accepted metrology and industry practices
- Assists with identification, purchase, and organization of calibration standards
- Troubleshoots equipment and system malfunctions or arrange for repair as appropriate
- Coordinates and performs in-house equipment calibration verifications
- Provides training regarding the calibration program with other departments as needed
- Provides direct communication with calibration service providers including coordinating and supervising onsite visits ensuring compliance with current requirements and standards
- Reviews and approves in-house and vendor calibration documentation
- Initiates and assists with the assessment of out of tolerance reports
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
Education and Experience
- High School diploma and one of the following required:
- Completion of military training (PMEL) Completion of an Instrumentation or Industrial Electronics (2-year) curriculum at a technical school (or AA/AS degree in science or engineering field).
- 2 year of experience as a calibration or instrument technician
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of metrology principles required
- Knowledge and application of algebra, statistics, and elementary physics required
- Knowledge of CGMP preferred
- Ability to read and interpret specifications, engineering documents and schematics required
- Strong proficiency in using MS Office, Word, Excel, Visual Basic, Access, MS Project, Visio and other data systems (JDE) required
- Knowledge of uncertainty calculation and analysis for measurement standards and associated measurement processes
- Demonstrates commitment to the development, implementation and effectiveness of Quidel Quality Management System per ISO, FDA, and other regulatory agencies
- Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job. Has awareness of device defects that may occur in their area of responsibility, including product design, verification and validation, manufacturing and testing activities.
Before you apply, please make sure you share Quidel’s values. We pride ourselves on keeping these values in mind every day as we execute on goals and plan for the future. We are seeking employees who share the same mindset and commitment to be customer driven, focused on execution, and new product oriented. We succeed by being determined, optimistic team players.
Quidel is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans). We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location San Diego, CA USA Minimum Experience (yrs): 2 Required Education: Associates Degree
Contact for any query