We are looking for Patient Access Associate
Location: Lubbock , TX, United States
Title: Patient Access Associate
UMC’s Mission, Vision and Standards Include:
Vision Statement: To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
Mission Statement: Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow’s healthcare professionals.
Standards of Excellence: Attitude, Communication, Responsiveness, Compassion, Teamwork, Ownership, Safety and Respect
- Magnet Designated
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only BICU
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
General Job / Performance Information
- Education and Experience
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 years of college preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years customer service
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Environmental / Working Conditions
- This position is subject to inside environmental conditions: protection from weather, but not necessarily to temperature changes.
- Interaction with Other Departments and Other Relationships
- Frequent interaction with Patient Accounting, Clinical Lab, Unit Management, Resource Assistance, Case Management, Patient Services, Nursing Management, Clinical Staff, Health Information Management, Physicians, EMS, Trauma Services, Information Systems, and Radiology. Must be able to communicate in a professional manner with other hospital departments, patients and family members.
- Job Description
- It is the goal of the Emergency Center Business Office to maintain accuracy in all areas of registration, obtain all vital information, to assure that the patient receives quality health care, and to assist the patient in their financial needs
- Required Licensures / Certifications / Registrations
- Physical Capabilities
- Occasionally exerts up to 25 lbs of force and/or frequently exerts a small amount of force to lift, carry, push, pull and move objects. Work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Typing/keyboarding and some reaching in all directions.
- Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written work, interpersonal, and conflict resolution.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruption.
- Must be able to multi-tasked.
- Computer skills (Personal Computer and Mainframe)
Job Type: Full time
Category: Support Services/Clerical
Contact for any query