We are looking for Director of Prevention Services
- Education: PhD or Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, or related discipline or MD
- Technical Experience: Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in the design and implementation of large-scale HIV programs in Tanzania or other sub-Saharan African countries
- Preferred: Experience with CDC funded projects
- Oversee all activities, outputs, and outcomes related to project implementation, including reporting, budget development and expenditure monitoring, execution of project plans, and project performance monitoring and evaluation.
- Ensure effective implementation and coordination of project activities and monitor progress toward the achievement of project goals and objectives.
- In collaboration with key personnel, both in country and New York, develop, execute and continually update the strategic plan for the projects.
- Lead the design of interventions while ensuring the quality and maximum sustainability of all initiatives through effective pre-service education and capacity building programs.
- Lead the development of innovative approaches for community-based HIV prevention, care, and treatment for PLHIV and KVP.
ICAP began partnering with the Government of Tanzania in 2004 to reduce perinatal transmission of HIV and support the rapid scale up of HIV care and treatment. We now work in close partnership with the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (MOHSW) and provide capacity-building support and technical assistance (TA) for the national HIV and tuberculosis (TB) programs.
ICAP’s portfolio in Tanzania is focused on technical support to strengthen and expand HIV prevention, care, and treatment, voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC), services for key populations, diagnosis of pediatric TB and integrated TB/HIV care, and provider-initiated pediatric HIV testing and counseling.
Download job advert
Contact for any query