Salary: €40,000.00 -€40,000.00
We are working closely with a leading financial services company specialising in pensions and investments who pride themselves on their innovative, client focused approach. They are seeking an experienced pension scheme accountant to join their friendly and dynamic pension accounts team in Glasgow.
You will be responsible for supporting the team through busy periods of accounts preparation and submission. This business will provide a collaborative culture and opportunity for further progression and promotes a proactive and autonomous approach.
In this role you will build strong knowledge of the impact of relevant pensions legislation and regulations on pensions administration. This role will make good use of your professional communication and relationship building skills as you’ll be dealing with a range of people, including colleagues, clients and members. You’ll enjoy working as part of a team but also take responsibility for planning and organising your own time in order to prioritise your work and meet deadlines successfully
* Ensuring that pension fund Trustee Report & Accounts are prepared and signed-off, complying with statutory deadlines and deadlines specified within client agreements.
* Maintaining nominal and investment ledgers for each client and preparing financial statements
* Liaising with Global Custodians to ensure that investment portfolio accounting is delivered in line with SORP and scheme accounting policies
* Drafting Trustee reports for consultants to review and attending Trustee meetings.
* Preparing quarterly financial statements
* Solid experience of day-to-day pension administration would be ideal but those from a fund accounting background with a willingness to learn are also sought
* Qualified accountant (CA/ACCA/CIMA) or equivalent qualification and / or experience
* Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office applications and an accounting system
* Competitive salary
* Comprehensive benefits package
* Full study support where applicable
Job reference: 12156
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we’re advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you’re agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.