Salary: €38,000.00 -€38,000.00
We are working closely with a leading financial services company who are seeking a Financial Reporting Accountant to join their busy team based in their Edinburgh office.
The role will involve providing support to the Supervisor in the preparation, review and timely completion of Financial statements for the UK Open Ended Investment Companies and Unit Trusts. The role will also involve fund migrations, implementing change and efficiencies to support this growth.
* Review annual and interim financial statements.
* Review and oversight weekly and monthly client deliverables.
* Own and run whole interim and annual reporting cycles as planned, working with team for successful delivery.
* Involvement in key automation project and continuous process improvements.
* Develop strong, pro-active working relationships with all internal and external customers.
* Share specialist knowledge with colleagues and help train as required
* Working closely with other relevant operational peers to ensure that process risks are minimised.
* Look for opportunities for efficiencies and drive new developments and enhancements forward for the team.
* Assist with the implementation and ongoing management of the offshoring initiative
* Knowledge of the Investment Association Statement of Recommended Practice
* Knowledge of Financial Reporting and Tax for Fund Accounting is essential
* Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
* Good organisational skills, ability to work under pressure and prioritise within tight deadlines while maintaining total accuracy
* Client focused
* Be qualified to degree standard and working towards a relevant accountancy qualification
* Or; have sound business knowledge and experience of financial services and OEIC accounting
Job reference: BH 12158
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. At Core-Asset, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we’re advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you’re agreeing to be bound by this policy. Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.