Salary: Not specified. Organizational Overview
9th October 2019
7th December 2019
CAPA: The Global Education Network is an established leader in the development and administration of quality international education programs. For over 45 years, we have partnered with universities and colleges across the country and around the world, providing a full range of programs and integrated services designed to support all aspects of international education. Our strong worldwide network, professional expertise, and demonstrated success in the field make us the preferred resource for a growing number of US institutions of higher learning for their study abroad needs. CAPA is headquartered in Boston and operates programs in Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Dublin, Florence, London, Shanghai and Sydney.
CAPA is committed to academic excellence, integrity and innovation in learning abroad. Our mission is to provide meaningful experiences that challenge and inspire students to analyze and explore complex political, cultural and social landscapes within urban environments. Through our commitment to personalized learning, collaborative learning communities and global connections via technology, we prepare students to live and work in a globally interdependent and diverse world.
CAPA is currently seeking an Academic Services Advisor to provide administrative support within the Academic Management Team (AMT) based in London. This position will report to the Associate Director for Academic Affairs in London. This is a job-share part-time position, 3 days per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide high-quality academic advising to all students, especially those requiring additional support or special learning accommodations
• Promote and administer student awards
• Serve as primary administrator of local registry functions, including course registration, add/drop advising, and associated reporting
• Maintain class attendance records and liaise with Student Services Advisor regarding absences due to illness
• Facilitate student focus groups and other feedback forums
• Prepare CAPA’s learning management system, CANVAS, for each term and provide support to students and faculty requiring assistance with CANVAS
• Regularly review syllabi and CANVAS pages to ensure CAPA is not in breach of copyright law and prepare annual report for the Copyright Licensing Agency
• Organise hospitality for academic site visits, including visits with CAPA’s Academic Advisory Board, and the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education
• Undertake other tasks to support the AMT as required
Academic Services Advisor
VISIT US AT CAPA.ORG
• A Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently, whilst simultaneously working as a part of a team
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
• A high level of proficiency in computer software particularly Microsoft Office, Word and Excel, as well as Salesforce and CANVAS
• Solid working knowledge of educational technology is preferred
• The established legal right to work in the UK
Hours of Work
This is a job-share position, 3 days per week. Standard hours are 09:00 to 17:30, Monday to Friday. Due to the nature of the study abroad field, additional time beyond regular office hours and work on weekends and bank holidays is to be expected in this role.
How to Apply
Join our team! To apply, please send a cover letter and resume at: https://capaworld.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=50 (include Academic Services Advisor in subject line). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.