We are looking for PROJECT ASSISTANT
High School Degree/ Certificate with five years of relevant experience OR Bachelor´s
degree in Public Health with three years of relevant experience.
Five years (three years for applicants with Bachelor’s Degree) experience
working with public and civil society sectors (national, regional and
international organisations) and familiar with the national and subnational
health care systems.
Previous experience in migration health, reproductive health and HIV
programming with implementing partners.
Knowledge of migration health policies, strategies and experience in
implementing MARPs interventions in the Karamoja sub-region.
Ability to engage national and district level partners.
Prior experience in project proposal writing and grants management.
1. Assist the Migration Health Program Coordinator and the team in the overall
implementation of the day-to-day activities of the migration health promotion
2. Provide administrative and programmatic support to the Implementing
Partners to enable them to effectively and efficiently implement migration
health program interventions.
3. Assist with the implementation of activities within the JUPSA in Uganda, and
additional projects, in close collaboration with partner agencies and cluster leads.
4. Assist in verifying that the program work-plans are followed and set goals are
met within the time-frame and budgets, in coordination with the Supervisor.
5. Participate in coordination meetings on behalf of IOM at local and national
levels, in coordination with the Supervisor.
6. Report regularly to the Migration Health Program Coordinator on any issues
relating to the smooth implementation of the program. This includes drafting
of program summaries and reports as may be required.
7. Establish and maintain accurate and complete records of all programmatic
reports, equipment and supplies received, stored and distributed to
implementing partners and service points.
8. Liaise with colleagues, including the PHAMESA Public Information officer, and
provide support to the promotion of JUPSA activities in Uganda, including press
releases, quarterly reporting, website content, and drafting research reports;
9. Undertake duty travels, as necessary.
10. Perform any other duty within the incumbent’s capabilities as assigned by the
Contact for any query