We are looking for General Manager
• Master's Degree in Business Management /logistics Management/ Clearing and Forwarding or related fields.
• At least 5 years working experience in private sector leadership preferably in Logistics - Air Freight/ Sea Freight or any related fields
• Good knowledge of customs tariff and taxation system In the logistic industry
• Good command of English and Swahili language.
• Advance skills in computer application are a MUST.
• Good presentation, negotiation and analytical skills
• Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
• Preferred age 35-50, female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
1. Company Management
Accountable for the overall performance of the company and for the day-to-day running and management of the company's operations
Leading the team in the development and Implementation of the company policies and strategies under the guidance of the Board of
Lead in the establishment and enforcement of company's core values, vision, mission and strategic objectives.
Ensure the company complies with statutory and other legal requirements locally and internationally.
Ensure progress reports are timely prepared and present to the Board for recommendations and advice.
Develop and maintain strategic relationships with partners including media, government and other private sector partners on behalf of
the company (Company's spokesperson)
Liaise with TAHA in advocating for issues concerning logistics business environment in Tanzania
Identify and innovate new business ideas for the company viability and sustainability
A Secretary and an Ex-Officio to the Board
2. Business Operations Management
• Responsible for the development and timely implementation of the company's strategic roadmap such as the business plan, action
plans, marketing plan, operations plan, etc.
• Mobilize resources for the implementation of the company's strategies.
3. Financial, Human and Other Resource Management
• Effective and efficient mobilization and management of company resources i.e human, financial, and other resources
• Ensure availability and compliance with control and management tools i.e manuals, policies, guidelines.
• Maintain good relationship with the suppliers and negotiate terms of contract in favor of the company with a view of reducing costs and maximizing quality
• Lead, motivate and manage human resource to deliver quality services to customers and achieve set targets
• Develop, implement and improve the company's succession plan
Contact for any query
TAHAFresh was founded in 2008 by TAHA to provide reliable, timely and competitive freight and other logistical services to the horticultural industry. The Association found it necessary to strengthen the industry’s logistics services by creating a grower owned Logistics Company called TAHAFresh Handling Ltd, an organization committed to reduce transport costs for horticultural growers and shippers in Tanzania while at the same time addressing giving market access to logistic solutions addressing the challenges of the Tanzanian business environment. TAHA leveraged USAID funding to invest into TAHAFresh to provide quality logistical and technical services to its members and the industry.