• A Bachelor’s degree in Business studies,
Finance, Accounting and other related
disciplines from a recognized university.
• Full or Partial professional certifiation
in CPA, ACCA and CIA will be of added
• At least 3 years’ experience in risk
management/ control, compliance, audit
and business management.
• Demonstrated profiiency in analytical
research and strategic planning.
• Experience in Project Management.
• Must be willing to challenge the standard
thinking with new ideas, new approaches
and new solutions.
• Excellent Communication skills.
• Demonstrate concern for precision and
• Must be flxible, stress resistant with the
ability to plan, organize and prioritize.
• Must be analytical, reliable, and proactive
with the ability to work independently.
• Manage the process of identifying and
assessing the risks affecting the company
in order to develop risk mitigation,
adequately plan risk responses and
monitoring strategies for the company’s
• Establish Enterprise Risk Management
(ERM) objectives for the Company in order
to ensure integration with the corporate
• Establish, communicate and facilitate
the use of appropriate Enterprise Risk
Management methodologies, tools
and techniques to ensure effective risk
• Monitor, evaluate and challenge the
Company’s success in managing its risks in
order to develop and continuously review
risk management capabilities.
• Ensure appropriate risk reporting to the
Board and senior management.
• Conduct risk management education
and training from time to time in order
to increase risk awareness across the
• Provide an independent view on proposed
business plans and transactions in order to
ensure proper oversight; identify and plan
for possible risks.
• Ensure compliance with and regular review
of the Risk Policy in order to have relevant
and up-to-date Risk Policies and ensure an
effective risk management framework.
• Develop and communicate on risk
management policies in order to increase
awareness and appreciation of risk and
build a risk culture company wide.
• Develop and communicate the company’s
risk appetite and risk limits to ensure that
the Company’s risk exposure is within
The Vision Group incorporated as the New Vision Printing & Publishing Company Limited (NVPPCL), started business in March 1986.
It is a multimedia business housing newspaper, magazines, internet publishing, television, radio broadcasting, commercial printing, advertising and distribution services. NVPPCL is listed on the Uganda Stock Exchange, with an expected turnover of over UGX 60 billion (FY 2010/2011).
“To be a globally respected Africa Media powerhouse that advances society”
“To be a market focused, performance driven organization managed on global financial and operational standards.”